Chemists Fighting COVID-19 – The Status Quo
Session 1 (The Status Quo) of a two-part webinar series organized by the International Younger Chemists Network (IYCN) and the European Young Chemists Network (EYCN). In this video speakers from around the world discuss the current understanding of COVID-19, the impact that the pandemic is having in their regions, as well as the key role of Chemistry in addressing it.
The presentations include:
- (1:00) Welcome and the Role of Chemistry – Prof. Javier Garcia-Martinez (IUPAC President-Elect)
- (12:15) Fighting COVID-19: Insights and strategies for drug and vaccine development – Dr. Cynthia Liu & Dr. Angela Zhou (CAS, EEUU)
- (35:25) Prevention and Control of COVID-19 from the Perspective of Chemists – Dr. Emmanuel Balogun (Amadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria)
- (54:50) Role of Open Science and Alternative R&D Models during Pandemic Responses – Dr. Jadel Müller Kratz (Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative, Brazil)
- (1:13:30) Corona – Uniting People over Distance – Ms. Julia Klupfel (PIRAT)