In collaboration with the organizers of the Global Women’s Breakfast (#GWB2021) we recorded a series of short interviews. Here, the panelists talk about what they see as the greatest challenges and opportunities are for achieving gender balance. Our panelists include:
• Dr. Laura McConnell (@LauraLeeMc), Bayer Crop Science
• Dr. Lori Ferrins (@LoriFerrins), Northeastern University, Chair IYCN
• Ms. Clarice Phelps (@ClaricePhelps39), Oak Ridge National Lab
• Ms. Bianca Davids, University of the Witwatersrand
• Dr. Marian Nkansah, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
• Dr. Erin McConnell (@bluebird__47), University of Ottawa
• Dr. Ingrid Montes (@IngridMontesPR), University of Puerto Rico
• Dr. Fun Man Fung (@ChemFunMan), National University of Singapore
• Dr. Supawan Tantayanon, Chulalongkorn University
#GWB2021 took place on February 9, 2021 (iupac.org/gwb), and was themed around “Empowering Diversity in Science”. The discussions that took place were centered on the topic of gender bias and how men and women can collaborate to close the gender gap in science.
Please be advised that the comments made by participants in our webinars may not reflect the values of ChemVoices and its partner organizations, IYCN and IUPAC.